Sarse Posto Dim
Cooks in Serves 2
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 medium potato
- 2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon white mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 3-4 green chilli
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Peel the shells of f the eggs. Mix with half the chilli and turmeric powder and a pinch of salt
- Peel the potato and cut it into thin slices like in alu bhaja
- Dry grind the poppy and mustard if using a coffee grinder, and then soak in about 2 tablespoon of lukewarm water. If you are using a food processor then grind with small amount of water along with the green chillies
- Heat the oil in wok. Lightly fry the eggs, take out of the oil and keep aside.
- Add the potatoes to the same oil, season with the spices and salt. Fry till the potatoes look slightly transparent. Add about 1/2 cup water and let the potatoes get almost cooked.
- Pour in the poppy and mustard paste and cook for 3-4 minutes more. Add the fried eggs
- Take out of flame and serve with warm white rice or chapatti.