Cooks in Serves 6
- 2 lbs lamb or mutton
- 1/4 cup whole milk yogurt
- 2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 5 cardamom pods
- 6-8 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 mace
- 1 medium size onion, made to paste
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 5 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt to taste
- Mix the lamb or mutton with yogurt, ginger garlic paste, onion paste, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well, put in a ziplock pouch and keep in the refrigerator for atleast 2 hours and not more than 8 hours.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom wok, add the garlic cloves,whole spices and the marinaded lamb or mutton. Fry till the spices change to a darker color and the marinade dries out. Keep stirring so that it doesn\'t stick to the bottom
- Reduce the flame to medium, pour in 2 cups of warm water and simmer for 45minutes, or transfer to a pressure cooker and wait till two whistles.
- Wait till you attain the deserve consistency of the gravy, add more water if required. Sprinkle the garam masala and serve hot with basmati rice or naan.