Cooks in Serves 8
- 1 quart of water
- ¼ cup tea leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly julienne ginger
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 2 lemon cut into circles
- Fresh mint leaves to garnish (optional)
- Lots of ice cubes
- Boil the water with sugar and ginger. As the water starts boiling add the tea leaves, and take out of flame. Cover for 2-3 minutes (depending on how strong you like your tea) and strain out the tea leaves and ginger with a tea strainer, and pour in a large bottle or jug.
- Bring it to normal temperature and the put it in the refrigerator till ready to serve.
- To serve, fill three-quarter of a tall glass with ice cubes. Add some lemon wedges and pour the cold tea over it. Serve garnished with fresh mint leaves.