Chirer Pulao - Flattened Rice Pilaf
Cooks in Serves 4
- 3cups chira
- 1 medium size potato, chopped to tiny pieces
- 1 floret of cauliflower, chopped to tiny pieces
- ¼ cup of peas, fresh or frozen
- A handful of peanuts, roasted
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2-3 green chillies, chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in a wok and throw in the onions, potatoes and cauliflower, stir fry till the vegetables are half cooked. Season with green chillies, salt and sugar if using.
- Add the peas and cook till the vegetables are properly cooked. Add the chira and stir fry to mix the vegetables and chira together.
- If you want the chira to be crispy, take it out of flame garnish with the roasted peanuts and lemon juice and serve. If you like the softer version, sprinkle some water and let cook for a minute or two and then serve.