Cooks in Serves 4
- 2 cups deveined, deshelled clean shrimps
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped coarsely
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2-3 green chili, chopped
- 4 whole dried red chili
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoon mustard oil
- Heat about a tablespoon of mustard oil in a skillet, add the shrimps and toss for 2 minutes. Take out and keep for later
- Pour another tablespoon of oil in the same skillet and stir fry the onion, garlic , red and green chili. As the onions turn translucent, add the shrimps with the ground spices and season with salt. Stir for a minutes, and transfer everything in a blender jar
- Use the pulse mode in the blender to coarsely grind the shrimps.
- Transfer to a bowl, pour in the extra mustard oil, serve instantly with warm white rice and masurir dal.