Cooks in Serves 4
- 200gms paneer
- ½ of a bell pepper, cut to inch size squares
- 1 medium onion, cut to inch size squares
- 3- 4 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark soya sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato sauce
- Cut the paneer in inch size square.
- Beat the egg in a large bowl, add 2 tablespoon of cornflour, 1 tablespoon soya sauce and marinate the paneer in this marinade for at least ½ hour, maximum to 2 hours
- Heat the oil in a wok, an fry the paneer till the outside is brown in color. Take out and place on a kitchen towel to drain out the excess oil.
- Discard most of the oil from the wok, keeping just a little to fry the vegetables. Add the onions to the oil, fry till they turn translucent
- Add the bell pepper and fry for 2-3 minutes, or till they start to wilt
- Pour in the soya sauce, vinegar and tomato sauce and stir till the gravy thickens. Pour in a little water and cook till the bell peppers are almost done.
- Now, add the fried paneer and cook for a minute.
- Garnish with the chopped chilies.