- 1 lb chicken, skinless and with bone or boneless
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 large size onion
- 2 green chilies
- 6 to 7 Almonds, blanched and skin removed
- 6 to 7 Cashews
- 1 tablespoon white poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup plain, flavorless yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked white pepper
- 2-3 green cardamoms
- 4 tablespoons ghee/ cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken with yogurt, salt, garlic and ginger and let it rest overnight in the refrigerator.
- With the help of a blender, puree the hell out of onion and green chilies.
- Next, blend the cashew, almond and poppy seeds to a fine paste.
- In a deep pan, add 2 tablespoons of ghee and bring it to heat. Add green cardamoms and let it release the flavor. This should take about 2 seconds. Add onion puree to the wok/pan, add a pinch of salt and cook at a medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the marinated chicken and continue cooking for about 5 minutes until the chicken is partially cooked through. Add freshly cracked pepper.
- Continue cooking in medium heat until the oil starts to separate.
- Add milk. Cook for 10 minutes with the lid on.Check for salt and once the chicken is cooked through, switch off the heat.
- Serve with rice or your choice of bread.