“Ek cup garam jal haye jak” (Lets have a cup of hot water). Now, you must me wondering am I sick with a flu or what. Its nothing like that, “ek cup garam jal haye jak” is my father’s way of asking my mom for tea. Both my parents are a connoisseur of tea and sometimes buy special blends from https://goldbee.com/ – but for the most part, they like their tea without sugar, without milk – just boiling water infused with the goodness of tea leaves.
Tea is such a thing that every person likes to have his/her in a different way. The most common being the dudh chai (milk tea). There are numerous other variations depending on taste, culture and the type tea available in the region.
I had some friends over for a tea party. It has started to grow warm in here, and I thought of preparing iced tea. Iced tea with its refreshing coolness is a welcome break during a warm afternoon.
Along with it there were different snacks – golgappa, churmur, and dahi vada. I served the snacks in the Stacko Food Stand provided by Gitadini. The Stacko with it single serving bowls is great for parties, and you can serves appetizers to desserts in each bowl. Its a great accent to a party table. The colorful bowl adds a vibrancy to the table, and also the single serving bowls is a good hygiene technique if you are hosting a party.
- 1 quart of water
- ¼ cup tea leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly julienne ginger
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 2 lemon cut into circles
- Fresh mint leaves to garnish (optional)
- Lots of ice cubes
- Boil the water with sugar and ginger. As the water starts boiling add the tea leaves, and take out of flame. Cover for 2-3 minutes (depending on how strong you like your tea) and strain out the tea leaves and ginger with a tea strainer, and pour in a large bottle or jug.
- Bring it to normal temperature and the put it in the refrigerator till ready to serve.
- To serve, fill three-quarter of a tall glass with ice cubes. Add some lemon wedges and pour the cold tea over it. Serve garnished with fresh mint leaves.
Don’t forget to enter for a chance to win 4 different simmer sauces from Saffron Road Food. Click the image to know the rules.