The rising heat and dry air has started taking its toll. Its almost impossible to get out in the afternoons. But, with summer comes the choice of various mangoes. Mangoes are my all time favorite fruits. Growing up in India, in the midst of the mango capital, I am very fond of this fruit. Whether its the raw green mangoes in aamer chatni or morobba, or the golden yellow ripe mangoes – I love them.
A few days back I bought a whole crate of mangoes from the farmer’s market. So, was trying to search for a simple recipe to use these mangoes. I came across the eggless no bake mango cheesecake recipe, and I just couldn’t resist but get my food processor to start making this one.
Though Sharmilee used toasted biscuits to make the base of her cheesecake, I used Graham crackers. The recipe was very simple and of course delicious.
No Bake Mango Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham crackers
- 2 large mangoes
- 1 cup confectioner\'s sugar
- 1 sachet unflavored gelatin
- 8oz cream cheese
- Mint sprigs for garnishing
- Wash and peel the mangoes, and cut into small cubes. Put it in the juicer and make a smooth juice.
- Take 1 tablespoon of water with half the gelatin and microwave high for 20 seconds to dissolve the gelatin.
- Take the cream cheese and beat it with an electric beater, pour half the mango smoothie, gelatin and about ¾ cup of sugar and beat again to mix it well. Keep the rest of the mango puree in the fridge.
- Add equal amounts of graham crackers to the serving glass and press with your finger to set it firmly. Pour the cream cheese mixture equally to all the glasses and chill for an hour or too.
- Add rest of the sugar and dissolved gelatin to the mango puree and beat well to mix all ingredients. Pour it equally in the serving glasses over the cream cheese layer. Fridge till ready to serve. Garnish with the mint sprigs.
Hot Tips – You can also use tart pan to make the cheesecake and cut it to serve. The same recipe can be used to make cheesecake with any berries like strawberry, black berry or blue berry