Arranging for a party this weekend and searching for the best appetizer to go with your favourite drink – try these soya cake nuggets. The juicy sweet and spicy nuggets will definitely be the star of your next party.
Our guest author Chndrani Chakraborty like to call her Bhalobashar tilmil. These soya cake nuggets are easy to prepare and is ready in less than 2 minutes. Chandrani is a homemaker who stays in Poland. She uses the ready-to-cook soya cakes, KOTLETY SOJOWE. If you don’t find these in your neighbourhood grocery store you can also try using Nutrela High Protein Soya Chunks.
Soya Cake Appetizer
- Soya cakes 1 pack (12pcs)
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 2 table spoon Sesame (til)
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ inch chopped ginger
- 2 cups of loose clean cilantro
- 1 green chili (4/5 optional as much hot you like)
- 2 cups oil for frying
- Mandarin juice syrup or Orange syrup 1 cup
- ½ cup all-purpose flour for batter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoon hot water
- 4 sugar cube size butter (approx 1 table spoon)
- Cook soya cakes in salt water for 10 min in high flame, when it becomes tender remove from water, squeeze Soya cakes to remove extra water by pressing with your palm, cut horizontally 1 inch length
- In bowl take 1/2 cup all-purpose flour add water, salt and garam masala powder; make a thick batter
- In a frying pan heat the oil & dip soya slices in batter and fry till it turns golden, take out and drain the extra oil using a kitchen towel
- In another pan heat 1 tablespoon butter then add sesame seeds, chopped garlic and ginger; after 2min frying add cilantro, chili paste, now add honey and 2 tablespoon hot water. Stir well.
- Add fried nugget cake slices and mix it with the spices. Finally before taking out from pan add Mandarine syrup toss a little to absorb syrup well. Take out from the pan& serve immediately garnished with chopped cilantro