Saturdays are just great. There is no hurry anything on earth. The morning hour rush for office is still one more to go. Laziness prevails in everything – waking up at 11 in the morning, lunch at 3 in the afternoon, or probably even later and there comes the evening with friends, and of course there’s no rush to go early to bed. I love Saturdays. Even I give my cooking a break on Saturdays.
After watching two movies, 3 episodes of an English series, I was wondering what to do for the evening. The tummy was calling for some food, and so decided to make both my tummy and tongue happy- what better way than to have some ripe orange mangoes during this summer evening. There were some veggies left in the kitchen, so just tossed them together to have a tangy mango salsa for the evening.
- 200 gms chopped mangoes (preferably fresh, canned ones will also do)
- ½ green bell pepper
- 1 green chili
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- ¼ red tomatoes, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon salad seasoning (optional)
- ½ teaspoon lime juice (optional)
- Toss all the fruits and vegetables together
- Season with chili flakes, salad seasoning and a pinch of salt if you like and pour in the lime juice on top
Hot Tips – You can put in some onions and green peas if you want
If you like this post, please consider linking to it or sharing it with others. I’ll love to hear your comments too.You can also Subscribe to BengaliCuisine by Email, or Subscribe in a reader
3 thoughts on “Mango Salsa – No cooking recipe”
Looks colorful and delicious.. yummy !!