There’s nothing as nice. As a new Teddy Bear.
To tickle and cuddle, And take everywhere
To share all your secrets,Your laughter and tears
To keep by your side Through seasons and years.
There’s nothing as nice As a new Teddy Bear…
Except for an old one With memories to share.
Did any of you get a teddy today? Today is Teddy Day and as promised we are here with the third Valentine’s Week special recipe. There’s Matar paneer on Propose Day and Microwave Chocolate cake on Chocolate Day.
Preparation time: 10min
Cooking time: 30min
- Long grain or Basmati rice (Chal): 2 cups
- Farmer cheese (Paneer): 200gms
- Peas (Matar shuti): ½ cup
- Cumin (Jeera): 2 tablespoon
- Onion (Peyaj): ½ cup, finely chopped
- Water (Jal): 4 cups
- Sunflower Oil (Sada tel): 5 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves (Dhane pata) for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Wash the rice and spread them over a clean newspaper so that the water gets drained off
- Cut the paneer in small square pieces
- Heat 3 tablespoon of oil in a wok, and fry the paneer pieces till golden brown
- Plunge them into warm water with little salt, keep aside
- In the rice cooker pour the extra oil, onions, cumin and salt, mix well, turn on and cook for 2-3min
- Add the rice and mix well with the sautéed onions, pour in 4 cups of water
- Cook for about 15 min
- Add the peas and cook for some more time, check in between whether the rice has been cooked well
- Add the paneer, and cook for 4-5mins more
- Serve with chopped coriander garnished
Hot Tips – You can also prepare it over flame. Just follow the steps, but use a little less water and cook over low flame.
What’s your Teddy Bear Memory?