Follow me on Twitter. Fan us on Facebook . Visit my Flickr photostream. You can alsoSubscribe to BengaliCuisine by Email
We are very happy to publish a mouth watering recipe from our new guest, Pamela Mazumder. Pamela had posted the chingri maach with shorshe naarkel bata recipe at the Cook Like a Bong FaceBook fanpage. We were so happy to find such a wonderful recipe that we decided on publishing this post in our site. Thanks Pamela for sharing this recipe.
We have had couple of other guest posts in our blog. If you are interested in sharing your recipes please do mail us.
- Prawns (Chingri Maach): 8-10 large ones (shelled, cleaned properly with the head and tail intact)
- Coconut scrapped (Narkel kora): 3-4tsp
- Mustard seeds (Sarse dana): 5-6tbsps
- Green chilies (Kancha lanka): 8-10
- Turmeric powder (Halud guro): A pinch
- Mustard oil (Sarser tel)
- Salt to taste
- make a paste of the coconut, mustard seeds and 5green chilies
- Take the prawns in a bowl and add the paste to it
- Now pour a generous amount of mustard oil and salt to taste and mix well
- Transfer the marinated prawns into an oven proof bowl and allow it to cook in a microwave oven for 20-25 mins at 180′ Celsius
- Serve hot garnished with slit green chilies and with steamed rice.
Hot Tips- It is very important to take out the vein from the back of the prawns, to know how to de-vein the prawns have a look at this video.
If you like this post, please consider linking to it or sharing it with others. I’ll love to hear your comments too. You can also Subscribe to BengaliCuisine by Email, or Subscribe in a reader