Recently I visited my parents’ house and had that awesome treat with all kinds of fish one can think of. I’m writing one of those preparations today. You can prepare this with any cat fish like Tangra, Morola, and Kachki acoording to your wish. What my mom prepared was with Tangra.
Tangra : 200gm
Onions (Peyaj): 4 medium sized, chopped
Potato (Aalu): 2 medium sized, cut like small longitudinal strips
Turmeric powder (Halud guro): 3 pinches
Chilli powder (Sukhno lankar guro): 1 teaspoon
Green chilli (Kacha lanka): 3 / 4
Mustard oil (Sarser tel): 2 tablespoons
- Take oil in a wok and heat it, fry the fish and keep aside.
- In that same wok sauté the onions.
- Add the fried potatoes and tomato, and fry it till the tomato softens.
- Add the turmeric powder, green chilli powder, water and salt.
- As the gravy starts to thicken add the fried fish to it.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, till the potatoes get cooked.
- Serve with rice.