Winter has gone away, but it has still left us with many vegetables to feel that dry cold winter afternoons. Cauliflower is one with which you can experiment out a lot many things. For today is the most simple one, I would be writing about the some more recipes with cauliflower in my following posts.
Cauliflower (full kopi): 1 medium size
Potato (aalu): 2 pieces
Green chilli (kacha lanka): 3 / 4
Turmeric powder (haluder guro): ¼ tea-spoons
Chilli powder (sukhno lankar guro): 1 tea-spoon
Ginger paste (aada bata): 1 tea-spoon
Cumin seeds (gota jeera): 1 tea-spoon
Cumin powder (jeera guro): 1 ½ tea-spoon
Mustard oil (sarser tel): 2 table-spoons
Salt to taste
- Cut the cauliflower in 1“ size florets and the potatoes also of the same size.
- Pour oil in a wok and fry the cauliflower and the potatoes separately. Keep aside.
- Add the cumin seeds to the heated oil and let it fry a bit.
- To it add the ginger paste and the tomato, cut into one-fourth.
- Take 2 table-spoons of water in a small bowl. Add the cumin, chilli and turmeric powder and make a smooth batter. Add this to the wok. Cook for 1 minute.
- When the gravy starts boiling add the fried cauliflower and potatoes.
- Cook till they become soft. In between add little water for the vegetables to cook well.
- Serve hot with rice, roti, paratha.