Sometimes back I read about a chilli garlic crab preparation in a cook book. Thought of trying the same preparation but with chicken in place of crab. The experiment turned out to be a very spicy and yummy platter, so here it is sharing with you all.
Chicken (murgi): 1kg
Red chilli powder (sukhno lankar guro): 3 teas-spoons full, mixed with water to make a paste
Garlic (rasun): 15 cloves , chopped well
Mustard oil (sarser tel): 2 table-spoons
Onions (peyaj): 1
Cornflour: 2 table-spoons
Vinegar: 1 table-spoons
Spring onions : 2 stalks, chopped
Eggs (dim): 2, beaten well
MSG (ajinamoto): 1/4 teaspoon (optional)
Salt to taste
- Take the chicken , one tomato, one peyaj (cut into half) and boil the whole in a deep pan with sufficient water such that the ingredients get covered with water.
- Take it out , when the chicken is half cooked. Keep the stock for later use.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the half cooked chicken. Keep aside.
- Take some more oil and sauté the garlic for a minute. Add the tomato puree, chilli powder paste, and the stock and bring it to boil. When it starts boiling add salt.
- Take the cornflour in a bowl and mix it with water. Add it to the boiling sauce, cook till it gets thickened.
- Now add the chicken along with vinegar , MSG and spring onions to the sauce and mix. Add the beaten egg in trickle and cook till the egg strands rise to top.
Your chicken in chilli garlic sauce is ready to serve , spicy and yummy. Serve hot. Enjoy cooking and happy eating.