Today I thought of helping some people. The first thing that came to mind is those of my friends who are away from home in a completely different country and continent. Many of my friends are away for an onsite job to USA, UK and Australia. Many of them never ever have entered the kitchen, and then are in an absolute soup staying away from home and cooking their daily dinner. The fried rice I prepared is a very simple one. To make the task simpler I prepared it in the microwave oven.
Rice (Chal): 1 bowl, 100gm
French Beans: 3 – 4
Carrots (Gajor): 2 small sizes
Cauliflower (Ful kopi): 2 -3 florets
Peas (Mator shuti): 1 tablespoon
Sugar (Chini): ½ teaspoon
Cashew nuts (Kaju badam): 5 – 6
Raisins (Kismis): 10 -12
Sunflower oil (Sada tel): 1 tablespoon
Cinnamon (Dar chini): 1 one inch size
Cardamon (Choto elaichi): 2
Salt to taste
- Wash the rice well keep aside for the water to drain out
- Cut all the vegetables into one centimeter sizes
- Break the cashew nuts longitudinally into halves
- Soak the raisins for 10 mins
- In a microwave safe deep vessel pour the oil, the cut vegetables and salt. Put it in the microwave oven and cook on microwave high (800 watts) for 6 to 7 mins
- Take the fried vegetables out and keep aside
- In another microwave safe bowl pour the rice and add 2 bowls of water, the rice to water ratio should be 1:2. Cook the rice uncovered for 10-12 mins on microwave high (800 watts)
- Add the vegetables to the cooked rice along with the sugar and mix well
- Cook on microwave high for 2 mins. Fried rice is ready to serve
Cooking fried rice in the microwave is a very simple task, so cook it and enjoy your dinner. Check out for more updates on this blog, till then Happy Cooking and Happy Eating.
Sending the recipe to Single Serving Recipe hosted by Spicy Rasam.