Here I am at my father’s place and enjoying all kinds of Bengali dishes cooked by mom. She is preparing all kinds of dishes that I love. Tonight was as usual one of my favorite platters at the dinner table. It’s a mixed vegetable curry cooked in without any kind of spices and is a delight to have as a light dinner or as a breakfast side dish along with paratha or roti. So this one to all you people who loves to shed off that extra carbs.
Ridge Gourd (Jhinga) : 50gms
Pumpkin (Kumro): 50gms
Radish (Mulo): 50gms
Potato (Aalu): 50gms
Italian flat beans (Sheem): 50gms
Brinjal (Begun): 50gms
Green chilli (Kacha Lanka): 2 / 3 pieces
Mustard oil (Sarser tel): 2 teaspoons
Wild celery (Radhuni): 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves (Dhone pata): for garnishing
- Slice the vegetables in 2 inch small slices.
- Take the oil in a wok and add the radhuni to it. Sauté for 30 seconds and add the sliced vegetables.
- As the oil gets mixed up with the vegetables, add water and salt.
- Boil the vegetables till they become soft. Add more water if required.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice, roti, paratha.
You can add other vegetables like beans, gourd, etc. Happy cooking and happy eating till next time.