Saturdays are just great. There is no hurry anything on earth. The morning hour rush for office is still one more to go. Laziness prevails in everything – waking up at 11 in the morning, lunch at 3 in the afternoon, or probably even later and there comes the evening with friends, and of course there’s no rush to go early to bed. I love Saturdays. Even I give my cooking a break on Saturdays.
After watching two movies, 3 episodes of an English series, I was wondering what to do for the evening. The tummy was calling for some food, and so decided to make both my tummy and tongue happy- what better way than to have some ripe orange mangoes during this summer evening. There were some veggies left in the kitchen, so just tossed them together to have a tangy mango salsa for the evening.
- 200 gms chopped mangoes (preferably fresh, canned ones will also do)
- ½ green bell pepper
- 1 green chili
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- ¼ red tomatoes, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon salad seasoning (optional)
- ½ teaspoon lime juice (optional)
- Toss all the fruits and vegetables together
- Season with chili flakes, salad seasoning and a pinch of salt if you like and pour in the lime juice on top
Hot Tips – You can put in some onions and green peas if you want