Have you ever had that feeling of having something right that very moment? At times I get these freaky cravings of having something sweet.
It was almost midnight when I had one such seizure a couple of day’s back, this time it was for something chocolate. Here in Bangalore stepping out of the house to search for some open shop/ restaurant after 11.30pm is like searching for the blue moon. But, I had to have something with chocolate. There were no chocolate bars at home, so I took upon the task to prepare some chocolate brownies. After an entire day of work, it’s really a little tiresome to bake chocolate brownies, but nevertheless I tried to bake the easiest chocolate brownie that comes to mind.
30mins of working in the kitchen and I had a batch of a dozen chocolate brownie ready. I had tried preparing chocolate cakes in microwave previously, but they didn’t come out so spongy. This time, I didn’t take the chance and baked it in the oven.
I was a bit anxious as the brownies were eggless, but I using two bananas really helped. The inside was soft and layered, and yes of course my little brownie cupcakes really quenched my thirst of chocolate that night.Preparation time: 10mins Baking time: 10min for a batch of 6 brownie cupcakes Makes 12 brownie cupcakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour/ maida
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup drinking chocolate
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 small bananas
- 400ml milk
- 100gms unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A handful of walnuts/ pecans
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together the dry ingredients and keep aside
- In another bigger size bowl mash the bananas finely, pour in half the milk, and butter; whisk till it froths
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the milk and fold in. Pour in more milk as and when required
- The batter should be little thick, but not very dry. Add the walnuts/ pecan to the batter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Pour the batter in equal proportions to the cupcake tray
- Bake for about 10mins, or till a skewer inserted comes out clean
- Let it cool for a couple of minutes before you gorge on those
Hot Tips – I used cupcake tray to bake the brownies, if you wish you can pour the patter in a baking tray and cut according to your wish once it’s done.
The chocolate brownies tasted best next day, when I had it with some ice-cream and chocolate sauce.