Kalakand in Microwave
Cooks in Serves 8 -10
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 14 oz condensed milk
- Few strands of saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon slivered almonds
- In a microwave safe bowl add the ricotta cheese and condensed milk and mix well
- Cook in microwave high for 5 minutes, take out and stir well.
- Repeat for 3 to 4 times cooking for 5 minutes and stirring till the ricotta looks pretty dry and crumbly. Add the cardamom powder and saffron strands
- Give it a good stir. Apply ghee on a square plate and spread the ricotta evenly with a inch thickness.
- Allow to cool for at least 2 hours, cut in one inch squares, garnish with the slivered almonds and serve.