Chilled Coconut and Melon Soup with a hint of Ginger
Cooks in Serves 4
- 2 cup ripe juicy melon (cantaloupe/honey dew or the kind; you may use combine different kinds), chopped
- 3/4 – 1 cup light coconut milk
- sugar/honey/agave nectar, to taste (you will need this if melons are not sweet enough. Omit if not needed)
- 2 tablespoon fresh (or frozen) grated coconut
- 1.5 teaspoon fresh lime juice, or to taste
- fresh refreshing herbs like mint/lemon thyme/any kind you like
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger juice (grate fresh ginger and squeeze out the juice) or 1.5 tablespoon chopped candied ginger (adjust amount to taste)
- ice cubes
- a couple of tablespoon finely chopped melons to garnish
- Combine ice, coconut milk, chopped melons (other than those for garnish), grated coconut, sweetener, ginger juice/candied ginger, lemon juice and some of the fresh herbs and blend until smooth.
- If needed, chill the soup.
- When ready to serve, divide in serving bowls, and garnish with chopped melons and more herbs.
- Enjoy the summer!