Most of you may not agree with me, but I love winter. The chilly dry winds, the sweaters, and blankets, and the best part of it is winter brings a lot many winter vegetables, and topping the list is cauliflower. I love cauliflowers. Even though you get cauliflowers all through the year now, but having something during its actual produce means different.
Kalyan loves to prepare the Westernised version, the cauliflower augratin; I can’t really throw out the stems of cauliflower, the fulkopir datar tarkari is one of the most authentic Bengali recipes and it reminds me of my childhood.
Cauliflower curry goes with anything. Its great to have it as a side with luchi for breakfast or for lunch with rice. This stir fried cauliflowers is one of my favorite cauliflower recipes. Its quick and easy to prepare and the hint of nigella with cauliflower enhances the wintery feel.
- 2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 large potato
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3-4 green chilies, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Chop the florets coarsely into tiny pieces. Chop the potatoes to quarter inch cubes, Wash and keep aside
- Heat oil in a wok, throw in the nigella seeds. As they start sputtering transfer the washed cauliflower florets and potatoes. Add turmeric, chili and season with salt
- Cook covered, stirring occasionally, and little water if the florets start to stick to the bottom of the wok.
- Serve hot with roti or rice and dal.
Hot Tips – You can add a few chopped sprigs of coriander to garnish.