Follow me on Twitter. Fan us on Facebook . Visit my Flickr photostream.You can also Subscribe to BengaliCuisine by Email
Eid is just a few days to go. And to celebrate this day of celebration here we are with some eid special recipes. To start with the celebration. Here’s guest from Sohini Biswas.
- 10 hard boiled eggs
- Paste of 2 onion
- 2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 3 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 large plum tomatoes, you can use the canned ones too
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 2-3 tablespoon MDH Meat Masala
- 2 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves
- ½ cup Full fat milk/Cream
- Salt to taste
- Slice the eggs in thin round slices.
- Heat oil in a wok and add the onion paste to it.
- Fry the onion paste till golden. Add ginger garlic paste and fry well.
- Once the paste is well cooked and changes color then add the tomato ketchup and the plum tomatoes.
- Cook well for 15-20 minutes.
- Add splashes of hot water whenever necessary but do NOT over flood it.
- The main secret it to cook the masala paste. The more gently you cook the better will be the taste.
- Add the cumin powder and meat masala, salt and keep cooking for at least 30 minutes, adding splashes of hot water whenever necessary.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the milk (or the cream) and mix well and cook on a high flame to reduce the extra liquid.
- Keep stirring otherwise it’ll burn at the bottom.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Take off heat once all the extra liquid has evaporated.
- Garnish with a few slices of boiled eggs and coriander leaves.
- Serve with Naan or Paratha.