Follow me on Twitter. Fan us on Facebook . Visit my Flickr photostream.You can also Subscribe to BengaliCuisine by Email
Sohini, the new lady in the B(log)-town and the proud owner of the catering company Cassia Bark Ltd. in Cambridge, U.K. She is our guest blogger today. Sohini had prepared these wonderful cup-cakes for Father’s Day and we just thought of sharing this yummy recipe with you all.
Makes 12-14 cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- Natural Yogurt – 150 ml
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 175g caster sugar
- 140g plain or self-rising flour
- 175g unsalted butter
- 75g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Mango Jam – ½ teaspoon for each cupcake (you can replace it with any other jam of your choice)
For the Icing:
I used Betty Crocker readymade Vanilla Butter Cream Icing.
For the Cupcakes:
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases and heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- In a jug, mix the yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract. Put the dry ingredients, plus a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Add the yogurt mix and melted butter, and quickly fold in with a spatula or metal spoon – you don’t have to whisk just fold everything nicely together until mixed well. Spoon and fill 2/3 of the cases. Add ½ a teaspoon of Mango Jam in each one in the center and fill the rest of the case with the cake batter again. Bake for 18-20 mins or until golden, risen and springy to the touch. Insert a skewer. The cakes are done if it comes out clean.
- Cool for a few mins, and then lift the cakes onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Now scoop the icing into a piping bag and use your favorite nozzle to decorate. Or you can just spoon a little bit of icing on each cake and spread it out evenly with the spoon. Sprinkle with a few chocolate chips. You can also decorate with some cupcake toppers.
Hot Tips – Sohini had used the readymade icing, you can also prepare your own, just follow these simple steps:
- 140g butter, softened
- 280g Icing Sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Beat the butter in a large bowl with a hand held electric whisk until soft. Add half of the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining icing sugar and one tablespoon of the milk and beat the mixture until creamy and smooth.
- Beat in the milk, if necessary, to loosen the mixture. Stir in the food coloring until well combined. Add a few drops of the food color of your choice. I used Blue as I made these for Father’s Day.
If you like this post, please consider linking to it or sharing it with others. I’ll love to hear your comments too.You can also Subscribe to BengaliCuisine by Email, or Subscribe in a reader
14 thoughts on “Almond Yogurt Cupcakes with a Mango Surprise Centre”
Really awesome recipes , Looking fabulous and delicious
But Have one question
Can i make Without Eggs?
It looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe
I am really happy to say it’s an interesting post to read . I learn new information from your article , you are doing a great job . Keep it up
being a mango lover – it sounds extremely delicious for me to have my favorite flavor in cakes too 🙂
Yogurt is good for health so you can eat extra cupcakes.
It really looks tasty. I will surely try this.
This looks so beautiful and scrumptious. Lovely piece of baking.
LOVELY AND YUMMY!
Thank you 🙂
Thank u for featuring this one 🙂
Thanks for sharing such a simple and nice recipe. Ingredients do not mention eggs but the process does. Kindly let me know how many eggs need to be added to this recipe.
if you can see than three eggs are mentioned their mam….