Follow me on Twitter. Add me as a friend on Facebook . Visit my Flickr photostream.
Too much of work pressure these few days, so just thought of posting this recipe without writing long sentences. Cook it and enjoy it.
- Raw Banana (Kacha kala): 2
- Potato (Alu): 2
- Onion (Peyaj): 1 medium size
- Bay leaf (Tej pata): 2
- Cumin seeds (Jeera): ½ teaspoon
- Cumin powder (Jeera guro): ½ teaspoon
- Chili powder (Sukhno lankar guro): ½ teaspoon
- Ginger paste (Ada bata): 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder (Halud guro): ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: 2 pinches
- Clarified butter (Ghee): ½ teaspoon
- Mustard oil (Sarser tel): 2 tablespoon
- Green chili (Kacha lanka): 2, chopped into small pieces
- Corn flour: 2 tablespoon
- Boil the raw banana and one potato with a pinch of salt
- Chop the onion into small pieces
- Peel off the bananas and the potato, and mash well with a pinch of salt and turmeric, green chilies, ½ teaspoon ginger paste and corn flour
- Make small balls of one-inch diameter with the mashed mass
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the banana balls till golden brown, keep aside
- Cut the potatoes into eight pieces and fry for 4 – 5 minutes, keep aside
- Add the cumin seeds, bay leaves and sauté in the heated oil
- Throw in the half fried potatoes, ginger paste, chili, cumin and turmeric powder; pour in one cup of water
- Cook till the potatoes are cooked well
- Drop in the fried balls, add the garam masala and clarified butter
- Take out of flame after a minute
Check for more recipes on this blog, till then Happy Cooking and Happy Eating.
If you like this post, please consider linking to it or sharing it with others. I’ll love to hear your comments too. You can also Subscribe to BengaliCuisine by Email, or Subscribe in a reader
15 thoughts on “Kach Kalar Kofta/ Raw Banana Curry”
There is a bengali proverb “adaay kanchkalay samparka” that is used when there is a inimical relationship between two person.
Green banana does not go well with ginger.
You have no idea about cooking.
The bengali proverb/idiom has nothing to do with this recipe.
Kacha kola goes BEST with ginger
Thats a pretty harsh thing to say, Anindya. Yes, I know kancha kola goes great with ginger, and I also know about the proverb. Would love to know the root for the proverb, please share if you know about it.
GINGER GROWN UNDER THE SOIL BUT BANANA ON AIR.GINGER IS A MODIFIED STEM BUT BANANA IS A FRUIT. GINGER BEST FLAVOURS WHEN IT MATURES BUT GREEN BANANA IS ONLY SUITED FOR VEG CURRY NEVER RIPEN ONE.
Always try this curry and its so simple and delicious.
Potato and Raw banana very nice combination…Looks yummy!!
lovely recipe….n m so glad to be back. 🙂
There are some awards and a tag for you at my site http://cookadoodledo.blogspot.com/2009/04/award-tag.html
Belated Shubho Naboborsho!
Shubho Nabo Borsho Sudeshna
Havent heard about curries with ripe banana. Sounds tangy n yumm!
Perfect side I love the color bright things just lure me… yum yum!!!