Egg is always that easy to make and ready to serve recipe in all households I presume. The advertisement that used to be telecasted in DD National when I was young “SUNDAY HO YAA MONDAY ROJ KHAIYE AANDE” that was lovely. I loved that one very much. From school tiffin, to a side dish for the dinner table egg is always in the menu. So this time thought of tasting the egg in a different way. Here’s the recipe for you all.
Eggs (Dim): 4
Potato (Aalu): 2 medium sizes
Onion (Peyaj): 1 large
Garlic (Rasun): 5 to 6 cloves
Ginger garlic paste (Aada rasun bata): ½ tablespoons
Turmeric powder (Halud guro): ½ teaspoons
Chilli powder (Sukhno lankar guro): 1 teaspoon
Tomato sauce: 1 tablespoon
Garam Masala: ½ teaspoon
- Cut the potato in large square pieces and the onions also.
- Boil the egg and potato together.
- De-shell the eggs and cut into halves
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the potatoes and eggs separately. While frying the eggs do not toss them hard else the yolk will come out.
- Heat oil in the wok, sauté the onions.
- Throw in the garlic and again sauté for a minute or two.
- As the onions turn golden brown add the ginger garlic paste, tomato sauce, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, water and cook till the gravy thickens.
- Add the potatoes and put in some more water if required.
- Add the eggs and toss lightly.
- Sprinkle the garam masala and cook for a minute with a lid to retain the smell of it.
Serve with rice, roti, or paratha. Catch you soon, till then happy eating and happy cooking.
As a large egg contains alomost 43 miligrams of Calcium, I can’t stop but to send this post to Sangeeth
Eat Healthy – CALCIUM Rich Contest .
A little update, I received another award from Priti, so thank you Priti and have passed on to my blogging friends , congrats to all of you. Check my awards page for more details.
8 thoughts on “Egg Tomato”
That looks lovely…
sorry I posted that chicken just for your entry..but somehow forgot in the last moment!..do you still want me to send it?
I used to love that anda advert on DD also doodh doodh piyo glassful doodh was fantastic 🙂 btw your dish looks yumm. Btw you asked me about non-singaporean participation in SWC-WB event. You can send in your entry, I will be glad to receive it 🙂
Love eggs anyday. 🙂
hi sudeshna thanks for adding me in ur blog roll!
but a small correction u have added my name wrongly as srivalli
plz correct it as srilekha’s me and my kitchen
come and join in the chicken event going in my blog
Wow Sudeshna! This calls for a party, I hope you are doing something to celebrate this 🙂 Thanks for adding me to the blogroll and the award. I really appreciate it.
Btw, the egg tomato looks delicious, I know whats for dinner tonight 🙂
the curry looks so yummy!!
and thanks for the award..you made my day!!! :-))
hey congrats on the award and thanks for passing it to me and thanks for the entry girl i luv egg curries….
Hey this looks real gud..lovely pic..and its not a habit dear..I think you are doing gud job by hosting the event so the award for you 😉