I had been writing about chicken, fish and vegetables all these while. I think my eggetarian viewers will be angry with me. So this goes to all those who are in love with eggs “Sunday ho ya Monday, roj khaiye aande”. This was from the advertisement that used to be telecasted on DDI years ago.
The egg curry is a very simple one; anybody can cook it in no time, especially when you are thinking of what to cook for a lat e night dinner.
Egg (dim): 4
Potato (aalu): 4 medium sized
Onion (peyaj): 2 medium sized
Turmeric powder (haluder guro): 1 tea-spoon
Chilli powder (sukhno lankar guro): 1 tea-spoon
Ginger garlic paste (aada rasun bata): 1 table-spoon
Garlic (rasun): 3 / 4 cloves
Mustard oil (sarser tel): 2 table spoon
Water: 2 cups
Salt to taste
- Cut the potatoes into halves.
- Boil the potato and the egg. Make the egg hard boiled.
- Heat the oil in a kadai. Fry the egg and potato separately till they become golden brown. Keep aside.
- Again take little oil, fry the onions. As they become golden brown, add the ginger garlic paste and the garlic cloves to it. Saute for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and water. Let it boil for a while.
- Add the fried eggs and potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with roti, paratha, or rice. Or just have it like that.
Those of you who don’t like potatoes can withhold the potatoes.
Do keep looking for some more egg preparations in the forth coming posts. Till then happy cooking and happy eating.
2 thoughts on “Egg Curry”
Very healthy and delicious side dish…
Thanks for sharing such valuable post.